Stuart Durrant joined the CEU Business School as Senior Lecturer in Real Estate, as the Area Coordinator for the Real Estate Management program in January 2008. He served as Managing Director of the Business School from June 2009 to December 2010.
He started work in 1985 in the field of professional property consultancy for Hillier Parker in London, and completed his training at Gooch and Wagstaff. He attained ISVA (Incorporated Society of Valuers and Auctioneers) accreditation with merit in 1987, and was subsequently elected an associate of the society, which merged in 2000 with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
He was appointed in 1989 to set up and run the first international property consultancy in Central and Eastern Europe – DTZ Hungary, and having spent seven years at the helm went on inter alia to be appointed managing director of EC Harris in Hungary
He has extensive experience of commercial and residential real estate in many of the developing markets of Central and Eastern Europe and as a result has led numerous projects addressing substantial change, in both the corporate and regulatory environments.
He has served on the ISVA European Committee, and has been retained as an advisor to the EBRD, Hungarian State Property Agency, Shell, Ericsson, SC Johnson and Skanska, to name a few. He has also been responsible for over 2700 valuation assignments in Europe.
Click a term to initiate a search.
- Department of Medieval Studies (127)
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations (109)
- Department of Economics (101)
- Department of History (69)
- Department of Political Science (55)
- Department of International Relations and European Studies (52)
- Department of Cognitive Science (50)
- Department of Public Policy (48)
- CEU Business School (47)
- Department of Legal Studies (42)
- History and Medieval Studies (141)
- Political Science (80)
- International Relations and European Studies (65)
- Public Policy (54)
- Environmental and Energy Studies (53)
- Sociology and Social Anthropology (50)
- Economics (43)
- Nationalism and Religious Studies (42)
- Business and Management Studies (31)
- Cognitive Science (30)
- Philosophy (27)
- Development Studies (26)
- Human Rights Studies (25)
- Constitutions, Law and Regulation (22)
- Mathematics (22)
- Gender Studies (21)
- Media and Communications (18)
- Arts and Culture (12)