Visiting Professor of International Business, China Europe International
Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, Sept-Dec 2004 and Nov-Dec 2006.
Visiting Professor, University of Trento, Trento, Italy, April – July 2005.
Twenty-five years at the Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business
(1975-2000), promoted to full professor of international business.
Appointed by President George Bush in 1990, re-appointed by President
Clinton in 1996 and by George W. Bush in 2001, to the Board of
Trustees of the Hungarian-American Enterprise Fund. The Fund invests
and monitors – like a private venture capitalist – the $78 million the
U.S. gave to Hungary to promote private enterprise; member, Audit
Committee (1990-2006), when the Fund, mission accomplished, went
Served as principal architect and co-director of the Hungarian-
International Blue Ribbon Commission, a multi-year effort during
1989-90 to blueprint Hungary’s transformation to a market economy.
Recruited and managed 100 experts from 11 countries and raised $1
million, working with Hudson Institute, Indianapolis, as a Senior Adjunct
Repeated invited testimony before Congressional committees. During
the 1970s and 1980s, briefed members of the U.S. House and Senate
and newly-appointed US ambassadors to the countries of Central and
Consulting experience with the IMF, the World Bank, the UN, the
OECD, USAID, Eli Lilly, Cummins Engine Co and other firms.
Wrote or edited 20 books and 150 articles and chapters, mainly on the
changing political, economic and business situation in Hungary, the
other countries of Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and China.
Honorary doctorate, Budapest University of Economic Sciences (1999
Click a term to initiate a search.
- Department of Medieval Studies (127)
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations (109)
- Department of Economics (101)
- Department of History (69)
- Department of Political Science (55)
- Department of International Relations and European Studies (52)
- Department of Cognitive Science (50)
- Department of Public Policy (48)
- CEU Business School (47)
- Department of Legal Studies (42)
- History and Medieval Studies (141)
- Political Science (80)
- International Relations and European Studies (65)
- Public Policy (54)
- Environmental and Energy Studies (53)
- Sociology and Social Anthropology (50)
- Economics (43)
- Nationalism and Religious Studies (42)
- Business and Management Studies (31)
- Cognitive Science (30)
- Philosophy (27)
- Development Studies (26)
- Human Rights Studies (25)
- Constitutions, Law and Regulation (22)
- Mathematics (22)
- Gender Studies (21)
- Media and Communications (18)
- Arts and Culture (12)