a one-meeting short practical course on network methods
December 8, 5:10 pm, TIGY Room, Nador utca 11, CEU.
aim of this short (100 minute long) practical meeting is to give six
examples of application for network science, with short explanations of
the methods used. The six examples are:
- The robustness of terrorist networks
- Species extinctions and food webs
- Coauthorship networks and academic success
- Vulnerabilities in energy networks
- Global economic networks
- Cancer cells and tumor growth networks
In connection with these topical areas, we discuss a variety of methods:
network graphs, identifying cohesive groups, tracing the evolution of
network structures, analyzing inequalities of power in networks.