Announcements on Foreign Language Courses
SPRING TERM COURSE DETAILS:
Registration opens: March 18
Registration closes: April 7
Courses start: April 10 and April 11 (Spanish courses start on April 22 and 23)
- Monday-Wednesday courses: due to the public holidays during these courses (May 1, May 20), unless make up classes are arranged for by the teacher, they end on May 27
- Tuesday-Thursday courses: These courses end on May 21
- Spanish Courses that are held on Mon-Wed end on May 29, while two make up classes will be scheduled during the course to make up for May 1 and May 20. Tue-Thu courses end on May 30.
Course length: 6 weeks, two 90-minute classes each week, 24 teaching hours.
for members of the CEU community: (students, faculty, staff, researchers, alumni) 20000 HUF, except for Hungarian beginner (absolute beginner only) that cost 14000 HUF.
for visitors: 20000 HUF for all foreign language courses.
PAYMENT DEADLINE: April 9, noon
(When paying please choose "language course fee" as reason for payment and name the language, level and group you are taking in the comments section. Thank you!)
ENROLMENT FORM for visitors
WINTER TERM COURSE DETAILS:
Registration opens: December 3
Registration closes: January 6
Courses start: the week of January 14
Courses end: the week of March 18
Course length: 10 weeks, two 90-minute classes each week, 40 teaching hours.
for members of the CEU community: (students, faculty, staff, researchers, alumni) 32000 HUF, except for Hungarian beginner (absolute beginner only) that cost 20000 HUF as it is subsidized by CEU.
for visitors: 32000 HUF for all foreign language courses
PAYMENT DEADLINE: January 6, midnight.
HOW TO REGISTER?
For absolute beginner courses you can register without taking a placement test.
For higher levels
- if you have not taken a language course with us yet in the given language, please take the PLACEMENT TEST (please note that placement tests are only available during the registration period) and email it to the relevant teacher or submit it via Internet, depending on the test type. You will be notified about the result via email within 3 working days. Once you know your level, you can register as mentioned below
- if you took a course with us in the given language before, you can either register to the next level, or contact the teacher of the group you wish to register for and talk to him/her to make sure that the level of the group corresponds to your current language skills.
We would like to call the attention of visitors to the fact that taking part in our foreign language courses is only possible if you speak a moderate amount of English. While we use the communicative method of language teaching where a second language is very rarely used for explanations, from time to time it is necessary to use English for administrative issues and occasionally also for explaining grammar related matters. For that reason, if visitors enroll in our courses with insufficient English skills, we do not take responsibility for the consequences.
WHERE TO REGISTER?
Visitors are asked to register either in person in Nador u. 11, 3rd floor, office 313 or 309, or by downloading the enrolment form and emailing it to us, indicating the language, level and group they wish to register for. They will receive a pdf document confirming their registration.
HOW TO PAY THE COURSE FEE?
IN CASH: at the CEU Cash Desk in Nador utca 15, 1st floor. They are open from 10:00 to 12:00., and then from 13:00 to 15:00 every weekday.
In order to process your payment, the Cash Desk personnel is going to ask for either a printout of your Infosys registration page or, in case of visitors, the enrolment form confirmed and stamped by the CAW administrators.
ONLINE, USING A BANK CARD: via the CEU secure online payment system at http://payments.ceu.hu/
When paying, please select the "Language course fee" category. Please note that your payment can only be identified and therefore accepted, if in the comments section you list the participants full name, the language, level and group number of the course you wish to attend.
IN NEED OF FURTHER INFORMATION?
Feel free to contact us
IN NADOR 11, OFFICE 309
MONDAY: 10:00 - 12:00
TUESDAY: 14:00 – 16:00
WEDNESDAY: 10:00 – 12:00
THURSDAY: 14:00 – 16:00
Or by appointment.
Contact us via:
Phone: +36-1-327-3000 ext 2238 or 327-3817
or visit us in Nador u. 11, 3rd floor, office 313