Central European University offers a scholarship for Tibetan students to study toward any MA or MS degree at CEU. The Tibet Scholarship Program funds up to two talented scholars of Tibetan origin for their graduate studies at Central European University in a one-year or two-year MA or MS degree program.
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition waiver
- Housing in the CEU Residence Center
- Stipend for living expenses
Selection criteria will include:
- Prior academic achievement
- Potential for academic success in graduate studies
- Potential for service to the Tibetan Community
- English language proficiency
- Clearly defined academic and career goals
- Preference for candidates with a good knowledge of spoken and written Tibetan
- Tibetan women are especially encouraged to apply. For further details about eligible degree programs and the application process, please visit our degree overview page.
How to Apply for the Tibet Scholarship Program
- Complete the Tibet Scholarship Application Form - please type or print neatly,
- Upload the document as a "Miscellaneous attachment" in the online CEU Application Form for admission by January 23, 2014.
Only applicants who are offered admission to CEU will be considered for Tibet Scholarship. Applicants will also be considered for other financial assistance and scholarship programs offered by the University. All Tibet Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Tibet Scholarship Advisory Committee consisting of three external Tibet Scholars, the Director of Financial Aid, and the Vice President for Student Services. Finalists will be asked to interview and to take a brief oral and written Tibetan language proficiency exam. Scholarship decisions will be announced in April, 2014.