CEU students in financial need can request a CEU Alumni Scholarship, which can be used to supplement other Financial Aid packages that the university provides.
The Alumni Scholarship is awarded to students who can demonstrate outstanding commitment to community service and promising potential to become active students at CEU and alumni leaders around the world.
The number and the amount of CEU Alumni Scholarships awarded each year depend on the overall merit and financial need of the applicants. In most cases, these scholarships are awarded to help cover the costs of living. Previously, CEU has given between 1,000-2,000 EUR per annum. The CEU "Baobab Leaves" Alumni Campaign 2012 aims to fund 22 student scholarships in 2013/2014.
Applying for a CEU Alumni Scholarship
To apply for a CEU Alumni Scholarship, applicants must indicate their interest in the online application form and upload their answers to the following questions:
1) How would you personally benefit from the Alumni Scholarship and what difference would it make in your life? (max 100 words)
2) Please briefly outline volunteer (service) projects where you were involved or have taken the role of a leader. Explain the most important direct effect you caused as a volunteer. Please be as specific as you can. (max 200 words)
3) Please describe how you plan to apply your volunteer experience and/or leadership skills at CEU and what kind of impact you would like to have on the university. (max 100 words)
4) What do you plan to do in your professional life and/or civic engagement after you graduate from CEU? (max 50 words)
5) Please describe how you plan to help develop the CEU alumni chapter in your home country (or country of your temporary residence) after you graduate (max 200 words)
This answer sheet must also include the applicant's name, and the department(s) to which he/she is applying. It must be submitted together with the other application documents. Applicants must be prepared to substantiate their record of volunteer or civic engagement through additional references or documentation in cases where this is not supported by their resume, references, or academic records.
An applicant's decision to apply for an Alumni Scholarship will not influence the CEU departmental decisions on financial aid. CEU Alumni Scholarships will only be used to increase an applicant's funding and do not replace funding awarded by CEU departments. Generally, the decision on the recipients of Alumni Scholarship is made in July.
- Admissions 2013/2014
- How to Apply
- Admissions Requirements
- Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- Admissions FAQ
- Connect with CEU Students and Alumni
- Contact Admissions Office