Curriculum Resource Center
The Curriculum Resource Center is an external and internal resource of CEU, providing consultancy, and acting as a training unit in curriculum development. It targets faculty members teaching the social sciences and the humanities in post-communist higher education systems.
- Capacity building and professional development for university educators
- Providing technical assistance primarily for university teachers in Southeastern Europe and the former Soviet Union
- Promoting and facilitating higher education reform in curriculum-related issues
Through its programs and grants, the center aims to develop the ‘Scholar in the Classroom’ concept within post-communist higher education systems, forming bridges between: research and the classroom; global approaches and the local context; the state of the discipline and the learning experience; universal knowledge and critical thinking.
- Providing training in course design, issues related to course design, curriculum and degree structuring
- Supporting and developing selected faculty through course development and research grants
- Providing targeted technical assistance for university teachers, and resources to selected academics, by sharing CEU resources (library, syllabi, readers, teaching faculty) with academics in the region
- Organizing workshops, events and conferences that explore innovative trends and cutting edge topics within the curriculum development context
- Enabling decision-makers and academics to build reform at the local level through consultancy activities
- Researching and adapting best practice models and approaches in higher education to match the specific needs and contexts in the region
- Producing publications on curriculum and teaching-related issues
- Preparing CEU's graduate students for successful teaching careers at universities in the region.
For more information, visit: Curriculum Resource Center