Programs for Faculty and Professionals
To this end, SEP offers programs for university professors, researchers, professionals, and administrators from Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, Mongolia and other emerging democracies. SEP also makes available organizational and intellectual support for OSI projects (especially the Higher Education Support Program, HESP).
- the Special Projects Office (SPO)
- the CEU Summer University (SUN)
- and the Curriculum Resource Center (CRC)
SEP works on three levels:Transregional programs (those initiatives that are available to eligible applicants from all of its target countries); microregional programs (primarily focused on providing support to HESP's regional projects in Southeastern Europe and Central Asia); and country-specific projects (usually at the request of HESP and the relevant national Soros foundation). In addition, SEP is now working with other emerging democracies as a part of CEU's globalization.
- making available the academic and physical resources of CEU for the benefit of its target countries and of OSI's network programs
- managing projects on behalf of OSI (especially where such projects will benefit from cooperation with CEU)
- developing and supporting CEU's own outreach efforts
- providing training and other technical assistance to support OSI's work in capacity-building for higher education