CEU/HESP Research Fellowship
Deadline for applications has been extended to 11 November, 2013!
Central European University (CEU) announces a call for its Visiting Research Fellowships program for the academic year 2014-15. The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations. Fellowships will be offered to academics employed in higher education institutions, who wish to spend one or two semesters at CEU conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal. The fellowship program is administered from the Office of the Provost and Academic Pro-Rector, and the fellows can be hosted by any CEU school, department or research center.
Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU). Fellowship covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodation and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD per month.
- Eligible countries: please find the list of eligible countries here:
- Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in a teaching and/or research institution in their home country at the time of application;
- Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent and have a research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (schools, departments and research centers).
- Please note: those who are or who plan to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations for the duration of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the duration of their Fellowship and are accommodated in CEU's Residence and Conference Center;
- Fellows can be hosted by any CEU School, department or research center;
- Fellows will provide a mid-term narrative report, and a final narrative report;
- Fellows will provide a draft article outline one month after the fellowship is concluded;
- Fellows will submit an article published or accepted for publication in an international peer-reviewed journal within one year after the fellowship.Fellows will clearly acknowledge CEU and OSF contribution in this publication. The article will also be registered in CEU Online Publications Database.
You can find the Application form here.
Applications should arrive to the following email address Research_Fellowship@ceu.hu by 11 November 2013.
Application package should include:
- Completed application form;
- 1500 - 2000 word research proposal;
- Photocopy of Ph. D. certificate or equivalent;
- Two letters of reference - original letters should arrive in sealed envelopes signed across the seal, directly from the referee, by the application deadline at the following address:
- CEU Fellowship program, Provost’s Office, Nador u. 9, H-1051, Budapest, Hungary
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We accept applications in the following discipline areas:
Within CEU Departments:
- The CEU Business School
- The School of Public Policy
- The Department of Cognitive Science
- The Department of Economics
- The Department of Environmental Science and Policy
- The Department of Gender Studies
- The Department of History (Modern and Early Modern)
- The Department of International Relations and European Studies
- The Department of Legal Studies (Business Law, Comparative Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law)
- The Department of Mathematics and Its Applications
- The Department of Medieval Studies
- The Nationalism Studies Program
- The Department of Philosophy
- The Department of Political Science
- The Department of Public Policy
- The Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Within CEU Centers (each Center offers its research areas or topics for potential Fellows):
- Center for the Study of Imperfections in Democracy
- Center for Business and Society
- Center for Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Policy
- Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies
- Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine
- Center for EU Enlargement Studies
- Center for European Union Research
- Center for Integrity in Business and Government
- Center for Media and Communication Studies
- Center for Network Science
- Center for Policy Studies
- Center for Religious Studies
- Cognitive Development Center
- Initiative for Regulatory Innovation
- Open Society Archives
- Pasts Inc., Center for Historical Studies
• Please find a leaflet on the Visiting Research Fellowships here.
Requests for additional information should be sent to the program manager, Maja Skalar, to Research_Fellowship@ceu.hu.
Central European University
Nador utca 9
1051 Budapest, Hungary
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 ext. 2281
LIST OF ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES (can also be found here):
Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palestine, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.